By: Maggie Haberman - Politico
November 6, 2012
Election Day is finally here.
And even though neither Barack Obama nor Mitt Romney has been declared a winner yet, there are some things that will still hold true no matter which candidate wins the White House tonight — or in the wee hours of the morning.
Here are POLITICO’s nine takeaways from the 2012 campaign:
1. Luck matters — a lot
2. Super PACs — it’s complicated
3. There were two different but parallel campaigns
4. There is no longer just one Election Day
5. Bill Clinton. Forever.
6. About all that fact-checking…
7. Ads don’t matter, unless they’re good
8. Both parties have soul-searching to do
9. Neither party has a deep female bench
How have these changes affected our voting process, and how much impact will they have on 2016?
Leave a comment below;